Thursday 19 January 2012

Classical Italian appetizers


classico aperitivo italiano

Tonight I share with you the secret to start a dinner in a proper, lets say, Italian way. This is the so-called "aperitivo" (=appetizers) which category contains various of small plates.
Usually we have this before dinner (as before lunch it would be too much and anyway you do not have so much time during the day, but the dinner is the time and place for socializing, meeting friends in a nearby bar where you enjoy together the aperitivo).

oven potatoes (aperitivo)

Some of my Hungarian friends told me that this habit may be the secret of keeping the "bella figura" as we do not wait until we are dying from hunger, but instead we take a little bit of this and a little bit of that, so we avoid fulfilling our stomach completely with dinner - well, you need to try it yourself to give the exact answer whether this way of eating contributes to a bella figura - and if you tried, let me know :)
So tonight I prepared a very typical and classical selection of appetizers (of which some elements I found at Vásárcsarnok market, really great place!) which contains cheese, olive filled with spices, baby onions, cucumber, mortadella, pizza pieces, peanuts, chips and seperately I made some potatoes in the oven with garlic, peperoncini and rosmarino. Not to forget the thirstiness, Campari is a must-have element of this meal, together with some white wine.
For Italians, aperitivo is something you can not miss, you can meet old and new friends in your favourite bar - or invite friends and enjoy spending time together, a real happy hour!

Hope you enjoy - tonight these tastes really brought me back the sweet memories of aperitivo I spent with my friends in Italy.

Ciao a tutti & buon aperitivo!

Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment