Saturday 21 January 2012

Chicken with grilled vegetables (involtini)

chicken involtini & grilled vegetables
Tonight I would like to surprise you with some light, colourful but very popular dish: grilled chicken stuffed with Praga ham and cheese, and grilled vegetables.

Some of you have made the point that I do not use potatoes as side-dish; I would like to react on that: potatoes can be quite heavy and placing a pressure on the stomach, especially in the evening - however we use them sometimes, so keep following me and I show potatoe-based side dishes too, which could be suitable for a nice lunch.

Regarding chicken I would recommend to use always fresh one if possible - it may take a bit longer trip to visit a market, but believe me, it is worth it! This one which I used tonight comes from the countryside - and you can definitely feel the difference!

Ham is a classical part of our meals - as appetizers or as included in the main dishes - tonight I rolled ham slices into the chicken breast, together with some simple cheese (you need light one, not too much characteristic).

ristretto & limoncello
And here is some surprise for you to enjoy Saturday night with a typical Italian taste: ristretto (short coffee) and limoncello. We never miss to finish the courses with coffee and limoncello, which is a lemon based liqueur originally from southern Italy. Not only for the taste but it has great digestive effect so next time when you visit an Italian restaurant (or you invite me to cook for you), do not miss to ask for a shot.

Hope you like what you see - and hope to cook for you in person soon!

Ciao a tutti & buon appetito!
Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment